Author Topic: BPI_WDog_Tickle can be run as a service in Windows  (Read 1055 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BPI_WDog_Tickle can be run as a service in Windows
« on: October 06, 2013, 16:45:38 »
This was shared by one of our users:

I find also that the included tickle program BPI_WDog_Tickle can be run as a service in Windows using Pirmasoft RunAsSvc (http://www.pirmasoft.com/runassvc.php) which is freeware.  This way the watchdog is tickled whenever the OS is running, even if no user is logged on.  It's working great.  The only drawback to this method is that the GUI for the tickle program is not accessible, so there is no visual status information (though the important stuff is visible in the config tool BPI_WDog_Config) and it must be configured via the INI file.  I have only tested this configuration on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32-bit.  I am using Primasoft RunAsSvc with another product on Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit successfully but have not tested your tickle program on that OS.

Running the tickle software as a service makes the whole product transparent to the operation of Windows (except in Safe Mode) and provides built-in recovery/notification options if it crashes.