Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / Re: PCI & PCIe Watchdog A/D input description
« Last post by Admin on June 21, 2012, 08:47:44 »
You could use it for an analog remote temperature sensor.
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / Four digital inputs in PCI & PCIe boards
« Last post by AntonioB on June 21, 2012, 05:48:49 »
I see therefore that the four digital inputs are not intended to trigger the Watchdog Timer. Is it so?.

Can you give a couple of simple examples regarding the use of these four digital inputs which could result interesting for an unattended 24/7 PC application?
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / PCI & PCIe Watchdog A/D input description
« Last post by AntonioB on June 21, 2012, 04:49:14 »
What is the use of the A/D input included in PCI and PCIexpress Watchdog boards?
Is there any interesting application for this input which users could miss a plus for your PCI and PCIe Watchdog boards?
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / Re: Digital Inputs on the PCI & PCIe PC WATCHDOG DB-25 Connector
« Last post by AntonioB on June 21, 2012, 04:40:27 »
I see therefore that these inputs are not intended to trigger the Watchdog Timer. Is it so?.

Can you give a couple of simple examples regarding the use of these four digital inputs which could result interesting for an unattended 24/7 PC application?
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / Re: WD_Open fails intermittently
« Last post by Admin on May 04, 2012, 12:44:34 »
Tony,
Does this happen after a power-up? Could you check device manager to see if you have two PCIe COM ports. The PCIe interface on that board uses a dual COM port chip.
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / WD_Open fails intermittently
« Last post by Tony Dean on May 02, 2012, 14:07:07 »
Occasionally, my call to WD_Open fails. If I call WD_GetErrorInfoMsg, both the error string and info string are empty. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem?

I am using the PCIe card under Win XP Pro SP3.

I don't know if this has any bearing on the problem but all USB ports have been disabled in harware manager for security reasons. Could this upset WD_Open()?

Thanks

Tony
PCI & PCIe PC Watchdog / PCIe Express Drivers on Windows Server 2008
« Last post by Admin on March 04, 2012, 14:04:16 »
The .exe installer will fail when you try to install the driver for the PCIe card on a Win 2008 server.
You need to install drivers manually:
- go to Device Manager under control panel to find the PCIe Serial and Parallel (Parallel on Rev-A boards Only) ports
    with the yellow exclamation symbols.
- right click on them one at a time and select option to install drivers.
- select options to install manually (not from the web) and from a known location.
- on the screen for the known location browse to the CD under drivers - PN1170 (Rev-A for Rev-A boards)
    and then the 32 bit or 64 bit versions based on you system and the drivers should
    install fine.
** NOTE **   - Do not turn on this switch if there is no device (like a MODEM) on the Serial Output port that drives the RI pin. Otherwise this pin will float and spurious noise will cause the watchdog to think it is “seeing” RI activity and it will prematurely reset.
** NOTE **   - Do not turn on this switch if there is no device (like a MODEM) on the Serial Output port that drives the RI pin. Otherwise this pin will float and spurious noise will cause the watchdog to think it is “seeing” RI activity and it will prematurely reset.
BPI Watchdog Software / Config Program Fails to Find a Watchdog - Error Fixed
« Last post by Admin on June 26, 2011, 15:23:34 »
Over the past 6 months we have had a few (less than 5) customers unable to get the WDog_Config program to work and find an installed Watchdog. We finally found a customer close by who also had the issue and they helped us to get to the bottom of the issue. The problem was in the DLL. The DLL is now version 01.14.00.

You can update your WDog_Config program by downloading a new CD image Here or you can download the updated WDog_Config program only Here. The update will also have the updated DLL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8